The basket has been updated
Ok, avocado is tasty, avocado is great, but it comes from oh so far away. For something as tasty, as good, and as nutritious (and a little closer to home) check out Jo's broccado (broccoli avocado) on toast.
- Half broccoli
- 1 tin of chickpeas or butterbeans (we have opted for dried, soaked overnight, then boiled 30mins)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (made from our harvest last year)
- Handful of any nuts you have
- Olive oil / Rapeseed oil
- Sprouted broccoli and lentils
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Calendula flowers
- Nasturtium salt
- Fry the garlic in olive oil until crispy and set aside.
- Parboil broccoli for 4 minutes in salted water, then rinse in ice cold water.
- Blend the chickpeas, broccoli, half of your fried garlic, some salt and pepper and apple cider vinegar. If you don't have a food processor, use a fork or a masher.
- Spread over nice toasty bread & top with pickles, sprouted broccoli seeds, tahini, olive oil and nasturtium salt if you have it.